4Subsea’s multidisciplinary team of highly dedicated engineers, software developers and data scientists are set to lead the way in digital transformation and energy transition within the offshore industry, wind energy and marine operations. Our services uniquely combine domain expertise, smart algorithms, data analytics, and sensors to provide critical decision support and insights to engineers.
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
The industry needs innovative solutions that enable data to be used to ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable operations. The use of our sensors and our digital platform 4insight is growing and our technology is being drawn into new applications and more complex contexts. We are now looking for a new CTO to drive our technology services forward based on our values: Team Spirit, Integrity, Dedication, and Insight.
The position is a part of the company’s management team and holds the overall responsibility for developing our technology and architecture covering software development, sensors, and data analytics. Our new CTO is expected to combine business acumen with pragmatic technical solutions to ensure a strong focus on satisfying customer needs.
The position entails but is not limited to:
- Responsible for the technology vision and strategy for 4Subsea – combine software, sensors, data analytics and domain expertise
- Own the technical architecture of- and software development processes (agile, DevOps) for our digital platform 4insight
- Own the implementation of the product roadmap for 4insight as agreed with the CEO, COO and CCO
- Lead and develop the software development, sensor, and data analytics teams
- Participate in industry activities to define common data models and standards
- Manage technology partnerships and contribute to industry initiatives to ensure interoperability and enable data federation
- Own internal IT (outsourced) and relations with the outsourcing partner
As a member of the management team, you are expected to be both proactive and strategic to contribute to continued growth while ensuring a high degree of employee and customer satisfaction.
- Higher education, minimum MSc or MEng in a technology subject (software engineering)
- 10+ years of professional experience in technology leadership in a software or engineering organisation
- Demonstrated ability to create a strategy and deliver on it in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary teams of experts
- Experience in delivering services leveraging software development, sensors, and data analytics
- Experience in developing and delivering digital services for energy operators
- Experience in python, .net, Azure, Java; other technologies such as graph database is desirable
- Experience with IoT technology, embedded software, and sensor development
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Some travel nationally and internationally will be required
- Ability to bridge software development and engineering; experience from both domains is essential
- Passionate, dedicated, structured and with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Be able to communicate and work with employees, managers, and partners on different levels
- Hold a holistic perspective and a commercial as well as an analytic and strategic mindset
- Vision and values-driven
For more information, contact CCO Marie Austenaa (+47 90 27 85 27) or CEO Peter Jenkins (+47 992 75 435).
If you are interested in the position, please submit your application and resume by the latest 1st June 2021.