4Subsea is a leading provider of technology and services that help operators optimise energy production from subsea oil and gas fields and wind farms. We combine domain expertise with data analytics and digital services to maximise lifetime of assets, reduce operational cost and optimise future projects through data-driven design. We are now looking for a Computer and Network Engineer for our office of Sensor Integrity Management (SIM) in Kristiansand.
Our department in Kristiansand develops and manufactures specialised sensor equipment used in offshore operations related to energy production. The product range includes autonomous, battery-powered sensors that can be deployed for years in deep waters, as well as cabled sensors for topside and wind turbine applications. These products are configured and managed remotely through computers that collect data and stream it to the cloud.
As a Computer and Network Engineer on the manufacturing team at SIM, you will work with the assembly, configuration, and operation of Linux servers. You will also help improve the system architecture further and develop new utilities and features. In addition, you will assist our internal customers with the retrieval and upload of data.
To be successful in this role, you should have some experience, but most importantly, a strong interest in working on the Linux platform. You must also have a good understanding of network communication protocols and basic network security principles.
The ideal candidate will also have scripting skills and the ability to modify and enhance our software systems, e.g. graphical user interfaces. Some hands-on sensor technology manufacturing tasks may also be required from time to time.
If you are looking for an interesting role where your contribution really matters, and if you enjoy working in a “geeky” environment with excellent engineers and data scientists, we hope to hear from you!
As a computer and network engineer, you will
- Assemble hardware, install and set up computer software
- Configure and operate Linux servers and networks
- Develop and maintain system utilities and functions
- Provide network and data retrieval support
- Modify and customise GUIs to meet customer needs
- Some hands-on tasks in manufacturing as required
- Technical education, preferably information systems/computer science or similar
- Professional experience with Linux and computer network configuration
- Passionate, committed and structured
- Team player
- Passion for programming
- Enjoy some manual tasks from time to time
What we can offer
- Outstanding colleagues
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Freedom and push to evolve
- Collaborative work environment
For further information please contact HR /HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 91395354) or Production Manager Kjetil Sagstad (+47 95 77 80 77)