Join us in providing key decision support to energy operators and improving the performance of marine operations! 4Subsea has played a central role in the digitalisation of offshore operations, and we need your help to continue this effort.
4Subsea is a leading provider of technology and services that help operators optimise energy production from subsea oil and gas fields and wind farms. We combine domain expertise with data analytics and digital services to maximise lifetime of assets, reduce operational cost and optimise future projects through data-driven design. As we are continuously growing and scaling our business, we now need to strengthen our data science capacity.
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
As a data scientist within the Data Science Team, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop mathematical and ML models supporting 4Subsea’s services
- Work with machine learning problems having a focus on domain-specific physics and engineering.
- Contribute to “data-driven” workflow and culture in 4Subsea.
- Contribute to basic machine learning competence development and training of fellow domain engineers.
- Contribute to the long-term development of 4Insight® Data Analytics
- Practice agile software development
Being able to do that, you probably need to:
- Have between 3 and 10 years of professional experience
- Hold an MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Have experience with machine learning approaches and time series analysis
- Have experience working with real-world (sensor) data
- Possess programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Have strong language skills, with proficiency in English and preferably Norwegian
We would also like to see that you:
- Are an agile team player
- Are curious, open-minded and full of initiative
- Are dedicated and thrive in solving complex problems with a strong drive in providing value for the end-user
- Desire to find the explanation not only the relation
- Enjoy investigating different approaches
- Are passionate about sharing knowledge and learn from others
What we can offer
- Awesome colleagues
- Working with leading-edge technology
- Freedom and push to evolve
- Collaborative work environment
- Possibility to influence the roadmap for an ambitious company
- Invigorating offices located 15 minutes by train from Oslo followed by a 5 minutes refreshing walk from the train station
If your answer is “yes” to any of the following questions, we would appreciate if you could elaborate on the experience in your application:
- Do you have experience with (real-world) time series analysis?
- Do you have experience working with engineering problems or analysis of physical models?
- Do you have experienced with optimisation problems?
- Do you have experience with statistical analysis?
- Are you experienced in python programming or other programming languages?
For more information, contact VP Data Science, Heidi Gryteland Holm (+47 41637472) or HR/HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 91395354).
If you are interested in the position, please send your application, resume and university transcripts to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Data Scientist” by the latest 15th March.