In the role as data scientist, you will work in the Well Intervention and Drilling department and work closely with other relevant teams. Delivering high quality digital services built for the cloud, this includes 4Subsea’s group of software developers. If you want an engaging job where your contribution really matters and you enjoy working in a “geeky” environment with stellar engineers and data scientists, we hope to hear from you!
We have a strong focus on combining our academic skills with operational offshore experience, to understand the operations and systems we are involved in. Our unique competency is combining strong engineering capabilities, domain knowledge, and offshore experience with software skills and sensor technology.
The role includes
- Taking part in deliveries and development of 4Subsea’s services, from planning to operational support associated with well intervention and drilling operations.
- Using your skills to produce insights from sensor data and analysis models to strengthen our existing services and develop new services and algorithms.
- Contribute to long-term development of our services. This includes the use of 4Subsea’s Data Reservoir, containing measurement data (sensor and streaming data) and analysis results, to gain insights, develop and design predictive models and increase efficiency in engineering processes. Results will form basis for applications to be consumed by our customers.
- Contribute to actively form data insight/machine learning competence of 4Subsea.
- Assist in SWIM (subsea wellhead integrity monitoring) deliveries, including daily updates of wellhead integrity status for ongoing operations.
- Visualise and present results, e.g. on Microsoft PowerBI analytics tool.
- In collaboration with our software developer group, contribute to implementing domain specific code for applications on 4Subsea’s digital platform. Implantations primarily in Python code.
- Take part in engineering projects and run FE-analysis models of marine riser systems to gain experience and bridge the gap between analysis results and measurement data.
- Some offshore work (installation of sensors) should be expected.
- Two or more years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Computer Science
- Programming skills, preferably in Python.
Preferred candidate profile
- Experience with data mining and machine learning techniques
- Experience with sensor data
- Ability to work in a team, share knowledge and learn from others
- Curious, open minded and full of initiative
- Strong language skills. Proficiency in English.
Work location: Bergen or Asker (near Oslo) office.
For questions regarding the role, please contact EVP Well Intervention and Drilling Ignacio Marré (+47 990 10 894).
If you are interested in the position, please send your application and resume to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Data Scientist – Well Intervention and Drilling”.