Looking for a challenge that will take your engineering expertise to the next level? Join our team at 4Subsea as a Principal SURF Engineer and be part of a growing business with international presence.
As a member of our SURF Expert Service team, you will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, advanced sensors and monitoring equipment to solve technical challenges and develop innovative solutions for the oil and gas industry.
In this role, you will provide engineering expertise and technical leadership for developing digital solutions for project evaluation and field practical activities onshore and offshore. You will work with internal and external stakeholders, including our digital science team, instrumentation hardware team and vertical areas (SURF, Wind, Drilling, Marine) to develop business for the future.
We offer an exciting and challenging role where you will have a high level of responsibility and a steep learning curve in a technology-leading company with a global outreach. 4Subsea has maintained an entrepreneurial and agile mindset since its establishment in 2007, providing a unique work environment to develop your career.
So, if you’re ready to take on a new challenge and be part of a dynamic and innovative team, we want to hear from you! Apply today and join us at the forefront of the subsea technology revolution.
As a Principal SURF Engineer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the development, implementation and assurance of digital solutions involving structural engineering, sensors, monitoring equipment and data analysis related to reliable and safe operation of subsea umbilicals, flexible risers and flowlines, and steel pipes.
- Work as project manager for integrity assessment and Lifetime extension, interpreting applicable codes, following methodologies for identifying failure modes, and providing recommendations
- Translate client needs into product requirements for development
- Contribute to the digitalisation of work processes and data evaluation.
- Communicate with customers in different countries, define and clarify scope, and present results in relation to the work performed.
To be able to perform your responsibilities, you probably need:
- 3-10 years of professional experience
- BSc or MSc in marine, mechanical engineering or similar
- Previous experience with SURF projects, having contact with O&G companies
- Experience preferably with Subsea equipment, flexible risers, umbilical’s and/or steel catenary risers, and other subsea production systems
- Offshore experience
- Willingness to travel nationally, internationally and offshore
We would also like to see that:
- A problem solver with a solid technical background
- A doer who likes working with both theoretical, analytical and practical challenges
- A team player, but with the ability to work independently
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge and learning from others
- You are curious, resourceful, and proactive
What we can offer
- A place where you get much responsibility faster than other places
- A unique mix of heavy analysis and practical work with leading-edge technology
- Freedom to evolve and influence
- A collaborative work environment with highly skilled colleagues
- Social active group, with sports like gym, squash, golf, ski trips and much more
- Possibility to influence the roadmap for an ambitious company
- International work environment
4Subsea HQ, Asker.
4Subsea is a leading provider of technology and services that help operators optimise energy production from subsea oil & gas fields and offshore wind farms. We combine domain expertise with data analytics and digital services to maximise lifetime of assets, reduce operational cost and optimise future projects through data-driven design.
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve, and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
If you want an engaging job where your contribution really matters and you enjoy working in a “geeky” environment with stellar engineers, data scientists and other specialists, where we always collaborate and play each other good, we hope to hear from you!
At 4Subsea, we appreciate diversity, where we enjoy and take advantage of the individual differences of our employees. 4Subsea is a great workplace, and we welcome you aboard, no matter who you are or where you come from.
For further information, please contact HR /HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 91395354) or Team Manager Leury Pereira (+47 46707732).