Do you get an adrenalin kick by designing and making new technological concepts? Do you fancy being a troop leader for geeky software designers? Then we can offer you your next career move!
4Subsea is a leading provider of technology and services that help operators optimise energy production from subsea oil & gas fields and offshore wind farms. We combine domain expertise with data analytics and digital services to maximise lifetime of assets, reduce operational costs and optimise future projects through data-driven design. We are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission to digitalise the Energy industry.
You will become a lead and vital player within our company, where we combine sensors that collect data from structures deep in the ocean and offshore wind turbines. Our solutions collect and send data to the cloud to be processed by algorithms. We create visualisations that energy providers use to support critical business decisions. From the outside, the crystal ball we provide looks rather magical. But you know there is no magic. There are only sensors, computers, engineering insight, code and, not least, the experience of use – and that is where we need you. Help us make our products easier to learn, use and enjoy!
Our digital solution, 4insight, is the analytic tool and platform engineers use to create insight based on sensor data, offered to customers as domain-specific dashboards and web apps. Our domains are Marine operations, Drilling, Subsea Asset integrity and Wind Energy.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in creating a great user experience. You need to be curious and open-minded, motivated by understanding new problems to solve. As UX/Product Design Lead, you will carry the initiative of improving and shaping the current and future products.
To deliver insights, we need to invent new powerful products that are intuitive and fun to use for our customers. To achieve this, we are looking for you to have the following qualifications
As a UX/Product Design Lead, your responsibilities will be to:
- Puts the end-user at the centre of the design process
- Masters the skill of translating complex problems into intuitive solutions
- Knows how to use relevant design methodology and follow the design process from A to Z
- Is good at visualising and communicating new concepts
- Knows how to see the big picture and still has an eye for details
- Enjoys facilitating workshops and finding solutions together with different stakeholders
- Drives the Discovery process together with the Product Owners and Tech Leads, including prototyping and user tests to reveal new promising features to be made. And just as important, what NOT to be made
- The current workflow of our analytic tool 4insight as well as other current and future products
- Helps us be more focused on customer value for everything we make
As a UX/Product Design Lead, your most important tasks are:
- Lead the work of shaping new solutions and improving the existing products
- Lead the design process and ensure end-user needs are addressed through interviews, workshops, observations, usability tests, surveys and data measures
- Create concepts and design suggestions
- Take the lead on the Discovery phase of making new features
- Collaborate with our dedicated teams and take the lead on the visual design of our digital deliveries
- Secure continuous improvements of the user experience of 4insight
- Help Product teams test out new ideas fast
- Make our products easy and enjoyable to use
The UX/Product Design Lead reports to Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
To be able to perform your responsibilities, you are likely to:
- Have from five to twenty years of experience doing hands-on work within this skill-domain
- Have work experience in modern product usability
- Be familiar with patterns for developing highly available, user-friendly, and scalable solutions
- Have experience using prototype tools like Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch or similar
We are looking for you with the following qualifications:
- You get positive energy from being curious and proactive
- You are an agile team player with a lean start-up mindset. We win together!
- You are not afraid of challenging and asking “stupid” questions
- You dare to try and fail, taking the initiative to make things happen
- Collaborative work environment
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge and learning from others, both internally in the company and at external events such as meetups and conferences
What we can offer
- Fun and geeky colleagues from all over the world
- Collaborative work environment
- Possibility to make a difference in how our products are experienced
- Possibility to influence the roadmap, methodology and technology for an ambitious company
- Personal development through training and upskilling
- Competitive compensations package, pension, and insurance schemes
- Invigorating offices located in Asker, a 5 minutes’ walk from the train station
- A high degree of flexibility
- Social events year around and social sports club membership that includes both sporting and cultural activities
At 4Subsea, we appreciate diversity, where we enjoy and take advantage of the individual differences of our employees. 4Subsea is a great place to work, and we welcome you aboard, no matter who you are or where you come from.
For questions regarding the position, please contact CTO Rune Lønne (+47 917 76 474) or HR/HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 913 95 354).