Want to make a magic crystal ball? Using sensors, computers, engineering insight and code we create visualisations energy providers use to support critical business decisions. Join us to do the magic!
We make sensors that collect data from structures deep in the ocean and offshore wind turbines. Our solutions collect and send that data to the cloud to be processed by algorithms we make – to calculate and forecast fatigue and motion. When we combine these disciplines well, we create visualisations that energy providers use to support critical business decisions. From the outside, the crystal ball we provide looks rather magical. But you know that there is no magic; there is only sensors, computers, engineering insight and code – and this is where we need your help, making our products easier to learn, use and enjoy.
To deliver insights, we need powerful products that are intuitive and fun to use. And right now, we want to strengthen those capabilities by recruiting a Product Designer who can actively help us:
- Drive the Discovery process together with the Product Owner and Tech Lead, including prototyping (low fidelity – high fidelity) and user tests to reveal new promising features to be made. And just as important, what NOT to be made
- Improve the current workflow of our product/platform 4insight, which is being used by end customers as well as 4Subsea engineering teams
- Help 4Subsea Engineering Teams innovating products on 4insight make their Product Discovery
- Execute and learn from User Surveys and data measures, helping us use the findings when we take business decisions
- Help us to be even more focused on the value to customers for everything we make
- Help us improve the end-user experience throughout the lifespan
- How to learn the product?
- How to onboard new users?
- Distinguish new users and experienced users and see their needs
- How to create loyal customers acting as ambassadors to others
As a Product Designer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the Discovery phase of making new features
- Secure continuous improvements of the User Experience of 4insight
- Help Product teams test out new ideas fast
- Make our products easy and enjoyable to use
- Report to CTO
To be able to perform your responsibilities, you need to:
- Have approximately 5-15 years of experience doing hands-on work within this skill-domain
- Have work experience from, or great interest in, modern product usability
- Have work experience with different ways of doing prototyping
- Have experience with web technologies
- Be familiar with patterns for developing highly available, user-friendly and scalable solutions
- Care about software craftsmanship and great design, both in “the visuals” and the code we write
- If you are able to do GUI design and styling as well, that is an advantage
- Knowledge of Angular
We would also like to see that:
- You are an agile team player with a lean start-up mindset
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge and learning from others, both internally in the company and at external events such as meetups and conferences
- You are curious, resourceful, and proactive
What we can offer
- Fun and geeky colleagues from all over the world
- Working with leading-edge technology
- Freedom to push and evolve
- Technical end users and product teams
- Collaborative work environment
- Possibility to influence the roadmap, methodology and technology for an ambitious company
- Invigorating offices located in Asker, a 5 minutes walk from the train station
- A high degree of flexibility
- Active sports team
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
For questions regarding the position, please contact CTO Rune Lønne (+47 917 76 474) or HR/HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 913 95 354).