Are you interested in the practical aspects of being an engineer? Do you see yourself as a key resource in large projects? Do you thrive in working in teams where every day is different? If so, we have the right role for you.
We are seeking a practical and skilled engineer with a passion for instrumentation, mechatronics, electronics, or a related field. As a key member of our instrumentation team, you will create conceptual sketches and design drawings that reflect project interfaces and specifications.
We believe you will thrive working alongside our colleagues in Norway and Brazil. The position reports to the Engineering Manager. Below are some additional details about the role. Could this be the role for you?
Responsibilities in the role:
- Prepare conceptual sketches and design drawings based on input from relevant interfaces and specifications.
- Develop project-specific drawings and documents.
- Collaborate with internal and external project interfaces, including subcontractors and colleagues.
- Participate in technical aspects of project work, services, and development related to monitoring flexible pipes, cables, dynamic risers, and structures in the oil, gas, drilling, and wind industries.
- Maintain contact with subcontractors. Coordinate project delivery from client interface, design development, procurement, fabrication, and assembly.
- Ensure the quality of technical work performed according to project specifications.
Qualifications we value:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechatronics, mechanical, electronics, or related fields.
- Relevant work experience may compensate for formal education.
- Understanding of mechanical products that include electronics, instrumentation, and similar equipment.
- Experience in reading and producing technical documentation.
- Clear communicator – both orally and in writing – in both Norwegian and English.
Personal qualities we value:
- Is proactive and practical-minded.
- Possesses interdisciplinary technical interest and understanding.
- Naturally takes responsibility.
- Demonstrates a passionate and systematic approach to processes and details.
- You are a team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- You are committed to self-development, sharing knowledge, and learning from others.
- Thrives on interacting with customers and following up with subcontractors.
- Known for being an adaptable team player with a strong “can-do” attitude.
- You are curious and proactive.
What we can offer:
We are a group of friendly and knowledgeable colleagues who enjoy working with cutting-edge technology. This creates a positive and dynamic work environment!
One of our values is “Insight,” and with us, we provide many opportunities to strengthen your professional skills, in addition to giving you the chance to influence the roadmap of an ambitious company. We are pleased to offer competitive conditions for our employees.
If you are an engineer who derives positive energy from working independently, is known for being results-oriented, and clearly demonstrates a passion for practical engineering, then we hope you will become our new colleague on our team. Apply for the position – we look forward to getting to know you!
- Kristiansand / Bergen.
4Subsea is a leading provider of technology and services that help operators optimise energy production from subsea oil & gas fields and offshore wind farms. We combine domain expertise with data analytics and digital services to maximise lifetime of assets, reduce operational cost and optimise future projects through data-driven design.
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve, and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
If you want an engaging job where your contribution really matters and you enjoy working in a “geeky” environment with stellar engineers, data scientists and other specialists, where we always collaborate and play each other good, we hope to hear from you!
At 4Subsea, we appreciate diversity, where we enjoy and take advantage of the individual differences of our employees. 4Subsea is a great workplace, and we welcome you aboard, no matter who you are or where you come from.
How to get more information and apply:
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Tommy Tolfsen, Engineering Manager, at +47 416 78 081 or Mari Brandtzæg, Executive Vice President HR & HSEQ, at +47 917 13 720.
To apply, please submit your CV and a few words about yourself. We look forward to hearing from you by November 29th, 2023!