We are searching for a Riser Analysis Engineer working with delivery of services and projects related to engineering and operational support within well intervention and drilling. If you want an engaging job where your contribution really matters and you enjoy working in a “geeky” environment with stellar engineers and data scientists, we hope to hear from you!
We have a strong focus on combining our academic skills with operational offshore experience, to understand the operations and systems we are involved in. We use advanced riser analysis models, combined with measurement data and analysis results structured in our data reservoir, to deliver high-end results to enable operations for our customers.
- Work with project deliveries related to drilling and workover operations. Tasks include building and running global riser FE analysis models in OrcaFlex. Post process results to establish operating envelopes or loads on subsea equipment. Communicate with customers, define and clarify scope, present results etc.
- Use and contribute to the development of the 4Subsea Engineering Python library with pre- and post-processing code.
- Contribute to developing our engineering processes and digital services. Use 4Subsea’s Data Reservoir of measurement and analysis results to gain insights and improve analysis models.
- Visualise and present results on e.g. Microsoft PowerBI analytics tool.
- Some offshore work related to installing our sensors should be expected.
- You will typically work with FE models of marine riser and workover riser systems. We use OrcaFlex as our preferred FE analysis tool.
- Master’s degree in Physics, Marine or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong academic results
- Some programming skills, preferably in Python
- Graduate level, less than two years of professional experience is sufficient
Preferred candidate profile
- Ability to work in a team, share knowledge and learn from others
- Curious, open minded and full of initiative
- Strong language skills. Proficiency in English.
Work location: Bergen or Asker (near Oslo) office.
For questions regarding the role, please contact EVP Well Intervention and Drilling Ignacio Marré (+47 990 10 894).
If you are interested in the position, please send your application and resume to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Riser Analysis Engineer – Well Intervention and Drilling”.