Join us in the digitalization of Offshore drilling! 4Subsea has played a central role in digitalization of offshore operations, and we need your help to continue this effort!
You will solve complex challenges within drilling and well operations, from data monitoring to project support, combining expert services with digital deliveries. Are you up for the task?
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Senior Engineer within 4Subsea’s Expert Services Drilling team. You will be part of a team of highly experienced engineers who are welcoming and passionate about sharing good ideas and knowledge. You will work closely with customers to understand their needs, follow-up offshore operations with studies and deliveries through our digital platform 4Insight®.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with experience from work within riser, well intervention and drilling. You typically have a strong background in marine hydrodynamics, mechanics or structures, and you are comfortable solving problems using Python code. You will be part of a team where you can grow in a skilled environment, and you will be able to share your ideas and contribute to new services and products. We value unique strengths, so lack in background can be compensated by other qualifications.
We offer an exciting position working with leading-edge technology where your contribution matters!
Responsibilities in the role:
- Figuring out how Mobile Drilling Units and Risers are affected by environmental and operational loads.
- Measuring, understanding and using data to develop and improve “digital cousins.”
- Conceiving, developing, and maintaining software solutions.
- Contribute to the development of 4Subsea’s services.
- Performing advanced FE analysis and assessments of offshore operations.
- Understanding and sharing our insight with our customers.
Qualifications we appreciate:
- 4+ years of experience of solving complex dynamic problems
- Have higher technical education from college or university (MSc. in Engineering, Cybernetics or Physics )
- Be professionally fascinated by wind and waves
- Document insight & background from one or more of the following areas is preferred: marine, offshore, technology companies, industry digitalization, energy or renewables sector.
- Fix it with Python when you are lost
- Express understanding and experience with using software such as Orcaflex and Marc/Mentat is an advantage
- Have strong language skills, with proficiency in English and preferably Norwegian
Personal qualities we find relevant for the role:
- Has a protective and practical do’er profile
- Passion for technical things and technical issues
- Takes natural responsibility
- Has a systematic approach to processes and details.
- Is a team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Focused on self-development, sharing knowledge, and learning from others. And likewise; share your skills with colleagues.
- A team player who motivates his team members, but with the ability to work independently.
- Enjoys interacting with customers and subcontractors and following up on these.
What we can offer:
We offer energetic and knowledgeable colleagues, the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology, competitive compensation packages, a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, and opportunities for professional growth and the chance to influence the roadmap of an ambitious company.
If you are an independent, results-oriented professional with a passion for practical engineering, we hope you will join our team. Apply for the position – we look forward to getting to know you!
Location – Bergen/Asker – flexibility as always when needed
More about who we are:
4Subsea is a leading provider of technology and services that help operators optimise energy production from subsea oil & gas fields and offshore wind farms. We combine domain expertise with data analytics and digital services to maximise lifetime of assets, reduce operational cost and optimise future projects through data-driven design.
4Subsea is a company in the Subsea 7 Group And have offices in Asker, Bergen, Kristiansand, Aberdeen, and Rio de Janeiro.
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve, and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
If you want an engaging job where your contribution really matters and you enjoy working in a “geeky” environment with stellar engineers, data scientists and other specialists, where we always collaborate and play each other good, we hope to hear from you!
At 4Subsea, we appreciate diversity, where we enjoy and take advantage of the individual differences of our employees. 4Subsea is a great workplace, and we welcome you aboard, no matter who you are or where you come from.
How to get more information and apply:
For questions regarding the position, please contact HR/HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 913 95 354) or Manager Expert Services Drilling, Gunnhild Grytå (+47 992 39 106).
To apply, please submit your CV and a few words about yourself. We look forward to hearing from you within 10th November 2023!