4Subsea is a leading provider of technology and services that help operators optimise energy production from subsea oil & gas fields and offshore wind farms. We combine domain expertise with data analytics and digital services to maximise lifetime of assets, reduce operational cost and optimise future projects through data-driven design. We are strengthening our SURF project team and are now searching for a senior engineer.
As a SURF engineer, you will be a part of a team of highly skilled engineers and domain experts. You will be involved in solving technical challenges using analytical tools, presenting results by developing, using digital solutions and working in the field (onshore/offshore).
We can offer an interesting role where you’ll get much responsibility and a steep learning curve in a technology-leading company with global outreach. The company was established in 2007, and we have as a team been able to maintain an entrepreneurial and agile mindset over the years.
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
If you want an engaging job where your contribution really matters and you enjoy working in a “geeky” environment with stellar engineers and data scientists, we hope to hear from you!
- Participate in project work related to reliable and safe operation of subsea umbilicals, risers and flowlines, flexible pipes and steel pipes
- Evaluation of operational data and Integrity Management planning
- Failure investigation and identification of failure modes, including testing and dissection work on onshore base
- Resolve problems through application of acquired expertise guided by precedent 4Subsea engineering tools
- Offshore inspection and testing of risers and flowlines, test result interpretation and reporting to the customers
- Preparation, packing and shipment of inspection equipment
- Development and offshore installation of repair solutions for flexibles
- Analyses related to:
- Global riser analyses
- Local analysis
- Evaluation and trending of sensor monitoring data
- Lifetime extension
- Contribute to the digitalisation of work processes and data evaluation
- Communicate with customers in different countries, define and clarify scope, and present results in relation to the work performed.
- 6-8 years of professional experience
- BSc or MSc in marine, mechanical engineering or similar
- Previous experience with SURF projects, having contact with O&G companies
- Experience with Flexible pipes, Umbilicals or steel pipes, for Engineering design documents or Integrity management
- Experience from dynamic modelling and analysis work, preferably using Orcaflex, would be an advantage
- Offshore experience
- Willingness to travel nationally, internationally and offshore
- A problem solver with a solid technical background
- A doer who likes working with both theoretical, analytical and practical challenges
- A team player, but with the ability to work independently
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge and learning from others
- You are curious, resourceful, and proactive
What we can offer
- A place where you get much responsibility faster than in other places
- Steep learning curve
- A unique mix of heavy analysis and practical work with leading-edge technology
- Freedom to evolve and influence
- A collaborative work environment with awesome colleagues
- Training for activities
- Possibility to influence the roadmap for an ambitious company
Asker or Bergen with frequent offshore and onshore base work
For more information, contact HR/HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 91395354).