Are you a Software Developer passionate about cloud, Data, IoT and digitalisation, who thrives in a place where there is “a short way from thinking it to building it”? Do you consider data as a strategic asset for companies? Do you want to work with and develop leading edge technology? If the answers are yes, then perhaps this opportunity is worth looking at in more detail.
4Subsea is a driver for digitisation and technology, and we have developed into a key player within the field of digital decision support. Our developers work on designing digital solutions and providing data that empowers customers to take operational decisions, in order to reduce cost and increase safety.
In 4Subsea you will be working for a Microsoft Gold partner using the technology that is best suited for the job, with primary focus on cloud and edge technology. You will be in a position to make an impact and be involved in the complete journey from sensor data to end users while developing software that is used globally.
The Digital Solutions Team, consisting of software developers, architects and data scientists have a lean start-up mindset and are the “hub in the wheel” within our company, working on core digital services that 4Subsea delivers including web applications, python tools, and large-scale data streaming services.
Following technologies and working methods are currently used
- Azure: IoT Hub, IoT Edge, CosmosDB, SQL Database, Stream Analytics, EventHub, Storage, Search, Service Fabric, AppServices, AppInsights, Alerts, Front Door
Frameworks: .NET Framework, .NET Core, Angular 7
Languages: C#, TypeScript, Python, HTML, CSS
Security: OAuth2, OIDC, SAML2
Architecture: Structurizr, ADR
Dev/CI/CD: Visual Studio, VS Code, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy
Source: SVN, Git/GitHub
Methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Agile
Key daily tasks include
- Write and maintain high quality code
- Support product owners in grooming user-stories
- Work with customers to understand their needs and how 4Subsea can deliver digital services to their organisation
- Design and build web front end applications
- Design and build customer-facing APIs
- Software Testing
Who are we looking for?
Simply put: A good software developer with two years or more experience. You have experience from using Microsoft technologies, and work experience, or great interest for, modern web technologies. You are familiar with patterns for developing highly available, user friendly and scalable solutions, and perhaps most importantly: You must care about software craftmanship and great design, both in “the visuals” and in the code you write.
Key positives with the role and the Digital Solutions Team
- Lean start-up mindset
- Close cooperation with other departments
- “Hub in the wheel”
- Part of the whole journey
- Edge technology
- Very operational
- Great team focusing on sharing ideas and competencies
Key positives with 4Subsea
- Work with high caliber and friendly developers, engineers and scientists
- International environment
- Informal environment and short decision lines
- Family friendly company
- Always been a place where focus has been on the employees
- Opportunity to work from home
We are a vision and values-driven company, meaning that we believe that we will succeed, evolve and move forward if we work together as a team and with our customers and partners, using our vision as a guiding light and our values as a basis for everything we do.
For questions regarding the position, please contact EVP, Engineering Software Solutions Øyvind Tveit (+47 907 33 048) or HR/HSE Advisor Bente G. Solbakken (+47 913 95 354).
If you are interested in the position, please send your application and resume to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Senior Software Developer”.