4insight® Marine Operations
Typical Challenges for Operators
Do any of these apply to your operations?
- Limited or no opportunity to use live data to improve operability of vessels
- See a need to improve operations, based on data-driven decisions and prediction analysis rather than assumptions
- Unused opportunity to enable machine learning and AI projects to improve operations
- Teams cannot access same and/or all data available, due to complicated or missing external/internal data flow
- Cannot set-up interactive operating procedures using sensor data and instead use subjective judgements
- Not yet using anomaly detection in operations, which could have allowed mitigating actions before a situation escalates to a problem
Improving Vessel Operability While Reducing Operational Risk and Cost
Using live data, 4insight® Marine Operations optimises operations of marine construction vessels. The solution combines data from sensors onboard the vessel with measured weather and wave data in order to improve operability and predictability of marine operations. Interactive operating procedures allow operations to be controlled by actual measurements that are important for the specific ongoing operation, thereby eliminating unnecessary conservatism and improving vessel operability.
Machine learning is used to predict vessel behaviour ahead in time, e.g. based on weather forecasts. AI is used to detect anomalies on operations early allowing the crew time to take mitigating actions before situations escalate.
A key principle behind the 4insight® service is its open APIs and open accessibility. Operators are free to hook onto any data stream of raw or processed data through open APIs. The operator is also free to give access to the solution and its data to any third-party organisation of choice.
4insight® is a digital service providing key decision support to energy operators. The service enables domain experts to collect large amounts of data and create new insight based on machine learning and AI. Users can choose from a large selection of readily available applications or tailormake their own apps running on 4insight®. The portfolio includes 4insight® Asset Integrity, 4insight® Drilling, 4insight® Data Analytics, and 4insight® Marine Operations.
The architecture behind 4insight® is designed to receive and compute large amounts of data, unlocking the true potential of the data to ensure the best possible decision support for operators. The service contains Digital Twins of the assets and helps operators improve data quality and manage the ownership, security, sharing and use of data, while at the same time reducing operational costs and risk. 4insight® is a multi-tenant solution residing on Microsoft Azure.
Illustration of 4Subsea’s Digital Architecture