4Subsea delivers key decision support for optimised production from offshore wind turbines. SMS Guard™ is an autonomous sensor kit for monitoring of floating and bottom-fixed offshore wind substructures. The retrofittable sensors, combined with advanced machine learning algorithms and 4Subsea domain expertise, help operators realise the significant potential of reduced LCOE (Levelized Cost of Energy) using digital tools.
Typical Challenges for Operators
Do any of these apply to your offshore wind assets?
- Corrosion, damage or fatigue of sub-structures are resulting in reduced lifetime of equipment, hence increasing LCOE
- Cable failures due to movements, temperatures, or loads outside design parameters of equipment
- New actions are needed for LCOE reduction, and smart use of data is an under-utilised asset for your company
- Loss of production, either stop in production or production downtime due to cable or other asset integrity issues
- Sub-optimal replacement scheduling; repairing or replacing equipment due to age rather than actual status of equipment
SMS Guard™ is a simple to install instrumentation package that enables continuous integrity monitoring of offshore wind turbines. SMS Guard™ gives operators full control of the loads acting on- and the motions of the tower and substructure. The data can be used for continuous integrity monitoring and early detection of anomalies both in the turbine itself, in the tower and substructure and the seabed support of the substructure.
In addition to live integrity monitoring, the data can be used by operators to maximise the operating life of offshore wind turbines and to optimise the design of future wind turbines, thus reducing LCOE considerably. SMS Guard™ is a true IoT solution where all data is made available through an open API, enabling cloud computing and collaborative data analytics.
4Subsea provides key decision support with a digital twin that enables wind farm operators to “know it before it happens” and fix it before it gets big.