For cost reduction and risk management. Subsea Wellhead Integrity Monitoring (SWIM™) maximises the value of well slots and reduces the cost of rig operations. The system provides integrity status and forecasts during drilling and well interventions, reducing risk and supporting operations. No extra personnel are required on the rig.
4Subsea has received the 2018 Product Leadership Award from analyst company Frost & Sullivan for SWIM™.
Typical Challenges for Operators
Do any of these apply to your drilling operations?
- You don’t have a simple way to install a sensor system to signal possible loss of well integrity while drilling
- You want to use real sensor data of BOP movements to replace conservative assumptions used in analyses (conservatism that may be preventing or complicating a planned operation)
- You want to monitor the live flex joint angle while running tools to allow for an increased operating window
- You need to use sensor data from a well to enable operations on similar wells
- You lack a good, simple method to record the actual loading on a well over its life
SWIM™ is a well documented and tested solution for monitoring the main barrier while drilling. 4Subsea has provided wellhead monitoring services on more than 50 drilling and completion campaigns for the main oil and gas operators. The same system can also be extended to provide live monitoring of drilling risers and conductors.
Lead Engineer, Well Operations, STATOIL:
“A logging system was required as a compensating measure to reduce risk for the Tyrihans A-2 operations. We would not have been able to re-use the A-2 slot for a side track without this risk reducing measure. The alternative would have been to drill a new slot.”
The 4Subsea team is very proud to inform that we have received the 2018 Product Leadership Award from analyst company Frost & Sullivan for our SWIM™ sensor solution.
“With the new wave of digitalization and emergence of Industrial Internet of Things (IoT), it is set to transform the traditional oilfields into digital oilfields (DOF). 4Subsea’s SWIM is embedded with intelligence and connectivity that serves as a critical tool in the operator’s decision-making process.
Kiravani E, Senior Research Analyst, Frost & Sullivan, February 2018