Enabling maintained production from old wells. When planning an intervention job on a subsea well, how do you know the condition of your main well barrier, the wellhead? Thanks to enhanced drilling and intervention technology old wells are still producing. Deepwater rigs and post accident requirements increase the size and weight of subsea drilling equipment. Documentation of old wells is often lacking or hard to find. WellCare™ is a service to help oil companies document the integrity of well barriers.
Typical Challenges for Operators
Do any of these issues apply to your drilling operations?
- You don’t know the fatigue status of your subsea wells
- Wellhead integrity assessments cost too much and you never have results ready in time for operations
- Conservative assumptions force you to implement high cost mitigating solutions or reduce operating windows
- You can’t re-use well slots or drill a sidetracks due to limited remaining wellhead service life
4Subsea currently provides lifecycle management services to about 200 subsea wells. Through our work we have built considerable experience in efficient data collection and structuring. Once data have been gathered and the integrity status is established, maintenance of the integrity status per well is highly cost efficient.
4Subsea’s wellhead integrity management services allow our customers to relax, always knowing that the integrity of their wellhead systems is intact and documented. WellCare™ helps oil companies document the integrity of well barriers, reducing risk and saving cost by staying one step ahead. WellTrack™ is our key tool for providing the WellCare™ service. 4Subsea provides customers access to WellTrack™ with a “Software-as-a-Service” solution (SaaS).
Examples of Insights Gained from WellTrack™
The WellCare Service Package Includes
- Access to WellTrack™ – life cycle management of wellheads
- Conductor Analysis – to optimise operations and maintain production
- Brownfield assessments – to document the integrity status of wellheads
- Wellhead Integrity Monitoring SWIM™ – for operational support and integrity monitoring